Ada '83 Quality and Style:
Guidelines for Professional Programmers
CHAPTER 9: Performance
- Use pragma
Inline when calling overhead is a significant portion of
the routine's execution time.
- Use blocks to introduce late initialization (Guideline 5.6.9).
- Remove blocks that introduce overhead.
- Use constrained arrays.
- Use zero based indexing for arrays.
- Use incremental schemes instead of the
rem operators when
- Use strong typing with carefully selected constraints to reduce
runtime constraint checking.
Back to document index