- Five independent studies sponsored by Lloyd Mosemann, SAF/AQK
- Tools and courses are available
- Bottom line scores (scale 0-100): C++ = 64, Ada = 79
- Productivity (KSLOC/SM): All = 183; C++ = 187; Ada = 210
- Error rate (Errors/KSLOC): All = 33; C++ = 31; Ada = 24
- Info system ranking: C++ = 1324; Ada = 1631 (23% better)
- C3I system ranking: C++ = 1401; Ada = 1738 (24% better)
- Recommended continued investment in Ada
|Previous slide||Contents||Next slide|
From the Script:
SLIDE 21 - Air Force Study
This slide describes some of the studies on which our language analysis has been used. As you can see, we are including data from DOD organizations, non-DOD agencies, research organizations, and several commercial organizations.
This slide highlights the five substudies that were conducted as a part of the 1991 Air Force comparison of Ada (83) and C++. A summary of the report is available: http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/docs/flyers/83cplus.shtml. The entire report is several hundred pages long and is only available in hard copy form. The AdaIC can assist groups in obtaining copies.
This slide summarizes some of the important data. The basic bottom line on this study was that Ada was either equal to C++ or had more advantages as of the early '90s.